Monday, February 7, 2011

List time, again!

If I recall correctly, I made a list of things I needed to do before I went to Istanbul in September.  It featured such items as a cash box/ mini-safe and an electricity converter.  Turns out I never bought a mini-safe (thank GOODNESS, what a waste that would have been), and the electricity converter I bought was completely bogus and works nowhere in Europe, let alone Turkey.  Thanks, Radio Shack lady.
There are several things that I need to do before I go back to Turkey next week, and since the inner workings of my mind are interesting sometimes, I thought I would share.
1) Mani-pedi.  I think I have only had one manicure and one pedicure in my life, but for some reason I am really craving a good pampering before I go back to Turkey.  Maybe because I know that in Istanbul, I will steer clear of all beauty salons and kuaförler (hairdressers), lest my elementary Turkish skills result in me getting a mullet or a rat tail.  You'd be surprised how common they are, much to my aesthetic dismay.
2) A hair cut.  See above.
3) Annie's Macaroni and Cheese.  As many boxes as I can fit in my suitcase.  I never missed it more in my life than I did last semester.
4) Peanut butter.  A good, nauseatingly processed American brand like Skippy, or Jif.  Yum.
5) Heinz ketchup?  Maybe.  Turkish ketchup isn't as delicious.  However, there is always the possibility of a ketchup explosion in my suitcase.  That happened to my shampoo bottle on the first trip to Turkey, but for some reason I think a ketchup explosion would be less tolerable.
6) Maple syrup!  Although a maple syrup explosion would be far worse than a ketchup explosion, I will sacrifice my wardrobe and my electronics if need be.  Gotta have maple syrup.
6) A spray-on tan.  Just kidding.  Kind of.
7) Time for an iPhone upgrade!  Wahoo!  And this time, fingers crossed, I will be able to use it in Turkey.

10 days until I head back.  Getting excited for my sweet new apartment and warmer weather!  Things I will miss: This guy.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Doro! I had a maple syrup explosion once...it was really bad. It was supposed to be a hostess gift too. Obviously worth bringing though. No debate there.

    ReplyDelete